In an effort to serve various aspects of the upstream Oil & Gas industry, IADC is pleased to announce the formation of a new Committee. The Directional Drilling Services (DDS) Committee is the latest addition to a wide-spread slate of special interest initiatives.
Whether focusing on optimizing mud motors, drill bits, measurement-while-drilling, logging-while-drilling, or rotary steerables, the new DDS Committee will provide space for IADC Members to strengthen their efforts in the best practices of directional drilling.
Mission Statement for New Directional Drilling Services Committee
- Advocate for responsible standards, practices, legislation, and regulations that provide for safe efficient, and environmentally sound directional drilling operations.
- Provide a forum for education, accreditation, and training.
- Collaborate and address issues facing the directional drilling industry in a manner that will strengthen the overall industry and all participants.
- Facilitate the exchange, ideas, and initiatives that will strengthen the overall industry and all participants.
- Develop industry standards, practices, definitions, nomenclature, and contracts.