The IADC Drilling Engineers Committee will hold its Q2 Technology Forum on 27 June. The topic will be Safety Technologies and Systems.
Activity in the industry continues to increase, introducing many new people to the workforce. At the same time, new technologies and tools have enhanced the drilling team’s capabilities and provided greater visibility into field operations. This forum will focus on how drilling engineers can use safety systems in well construction and harness efforts to improve safety, reduce turnover, and improve competency.
The full agenda is now available, and the forum will explore the following topics:
- “Utilizing Computer Vision Technology to Enhance Operational Safety and Exclusion Zone Management”
- “Automation and Path to Autonomy”
- “Wellbore Anticollision Risk Management”
- “Turnover vs Retention for Safe Operations”
- “Enhancing Safety and Efficiency Through Technology: Electronic PJP Checklists in the Oil and Gas Industry”
- “Active Buffer Zone – A Technological Approach to Keep People Out of the Line of Fire”
This hybrid event will be held on 27 June from 8:30am – 12:30pm CT. For the virtual option, a Zoom link will be sent to registered attendees the day before. For in-person, the event will be at SLB MI Swaco, 5950 North Course Drive, Houston, TX 77072. We greatly appreciate SLB MI Swaco for hosting this event.
For questions about the DEC Committee in general, contact Linda Hsieh, +1 713 292 1945 or firstname.lastname@example.org.