IADC World Drilling 2021, the leadership event for wells professionals, will explore our industry’s challenges and opportunities from a strategic, leadership perspective. The conference will examine improving the value proposition from multiple perspectives – technology, diversity, contracting, collaboration, digital solutions, and more for all stakeholders. Through high-level panels and speakers and through cutting-edge technical papers, the conference will chart each inflection point and trace the path to the industry’s future.
Drilling Activities in a Low Carbon Future
Our industry is often portrayed as part of the problem that the Green Transition sets out to overcome, and we are facing increasing environmental and social pressures to bring down the industry’s footprint. However, great opportunities exist for the drilling industry to become part of the solution instead and prosper over the long term.
In this session we will aim at getting an overview of the current situation. We will seek to elucidate what methods we have to minimize or eliminate the environmental impact of our own operations, including marine pollution, noise and GHG emissions. We will further study the areas where we may directly engage in new, green technologies, such as GHG reduction technologies, CCS/CCU, blue hydrogen and geothermal energy, and we will look at how good we are at positioning ourselves using these technologies for the Green Transition.
For the panel session, the following industry experts will join us:
- Marit Brommer, Executive Director, International Geothermal Association
- Paolo Allara, Head of Offshore Drilling Innovation, Digital Transformation and ICT, Saipem
- Libbe Skovgaard-Petersen, Head of Business Development and Partnerships, Maersk Drilling
- Mhairidh Evans, Principal Analyst, Energy Transition Practice, Wood Mackenzie
- John Gallagher, Executive Vice President Wells, Shell
- Lamberto Nonno, Global HSE Leader, Baker Hughes
- Guido van den Bos, Director Business Development, NOV
For more information, including how to join and who to contact with questions, visit the 2021 World Drilling Conference page on the IADC website.