The IADC Drilling Engineers Committee has decided to make its Q2 Tech Forum, with the theme “Rig for the Future,” a virtual event via Zoom. The session will be held from 8:30am to 12pm on June 24.
Presentations confirmed for the event are:
- “The Future of Rig Power Systems” by Patterson-UTI Drilling Company
- “Robotics: A Critical Partner for the Digital Revolution in the Drive to Full Automation” by NOV
- “Orchestration and Automation Support Digital Drilling Approach” by Schlumberger
- “Driving Continuous Improvement with Robotics” by Nabors
- “Drilling Automation – Evolving Rig Control” by Halliburton
The half-day event will conclude with an Operator’s Panel, where we will hear what E&P representatives would like to see from drilling contractors and service companies/OEMs over the coming decade. Confirmed panelists are:
- Willie Thompson, Drilling and Completions Engineering Manager, Hess Corp
- Michael Behounek, Senior Drilling Advisor, Apache
- Nathan Moralez, Rig Automation Engineer, BP
- John Willis, Director Drilling, Completions and Well Servicing New Mexico, Occidental Petroleum
To attend this event, registration on IADC’s website is required. Zoom meeting information for the event will be e-mailed to registered attendees the day before the event.