On 26 September, IADC hosted the first Offshore Regional Forum, held in conjunction with the IADC Houston Chapter. This is the second installment in a newer series of regionally based forums, the first of which was held last year in collaboration with the IADC Permian Basin Chapter. The Offshore Regional Forum took place at the Transocean Facility in Houston, Texas.
The welcome and introduction remarks were given by Matt Eve, Chair of the IADC Houston Chapter and VP Marketing Strategic Accounts with Patterson-UTI Energy, and Roddie Mackenzie, Executive VP & CCO of Transocean. Over the course of the day, attendees had the opportunity to learn from and engage with the following panels and presentations:
- Market Outlook – Shared insights on the state of the global drilling industry
- Deepwater Revival Panel: Changing the Industry by Necessity? – Explored important questions about the deepwater industry
- Safety as an Outcome of the Management Equation: A Systemic Approach to Safety in Offshore Teams – Presented real cases based on qualitative research, as well as recommendations to broaden the perspective on managing personnel offshore
- Contractor Panel – Drillers representing the offshore sector shared insights on training, recruiting, and attracting talent, safety & compliance, and competency
- Key Drilling Markets – Insights on active drilling markets both onshore and offshore
- Offshore Regulatory Update – Featured regulators’ insights and observations on trending issues and concerns relating to the performance of prevailing offshore operations
- Operators’ Perspectives – Operators representing various regions shared their perspectives on market outlook, drilling plans, current challenges, and opportunities for the offshore sector
The event provided ample opportunities for attendees to network and connect with colleagues. Thank you to the event sponsors – Transocean, Premium Oilfield Technologies, and Trionics. Thank you to all the attendees, presenters, and organizers for making this an event to remember!