While boiling liquids in a microwave oven is commonplace we should all be aware of a potentially dangerous situation that exists with this practice. The following information is important and you are encouraged to share that information with your family and friends. When water or other liquids are placed in a microwave oven with the intent of boiling them, it is possible for the liquid to retain the energy introduced while not actually boiling. When the liquid is removed from the microwave and jarred, the stored energy can suddenly be released from the container. People have been injured by very hot liquid being propelled into their face and eyes. Microwave manufactures have confirmed that these type of events can and do occur.