The crew was running pipe into the hole and drilling fluid came out of the pipe as they ran a stand in. An employee reported to the Driller that he had drilling fluid splash onto his legs. The Driller advised him to wash the area with water and to change clothes. Prior to leaving location, at the end of tour, the employee reported to the Rig Manager who looked at the contacted area and noted some redness on the employee’s legs, but it did not appear to him that chemical burns existed. The employee left location after tour to go home and on his way, he felt increasing pain on his legs and went to an emergency room for treatment. He was treated for first and second degree burns, received pain medication, and he was admitted to the hospital for continued treatment of the chemical burns. The drilling fluid contained calcium chloride.